February 23, 2009 by Bethany
So the time is rapidly passing as we prepare for the next “leg” of the journey. However, we have not decided on an exact date to paddle away thats why I thought we should solicite YOUR advice.
The lease to our apt. runs out in April, meaning may 1st we will not have an apt unless we pay for May. That is 700 dollars. We will make about that much if we work half of May at Target (so we can have the last two weeks to prepare and finalize everything). Then we would leave in June when the water is a little warmer and our current gear will be appropriate.
Leave May 1st. This option involves buying drysuits (800 dollars at MSRP) because the water will still be in the 40s.
So what is smarter? Stay another month in Portland thus prolonging our trip or spend a little extra money with the drysuits and get out of dodge? I think we will be able to get the suits for much cheaper than the MSRP as well… So it will probably end up being like pay another months rent and stay in portland or use that months rent to buy the drysuits and don’t pay the rent and resume the homeless lifetsyle 🙂
Another thing we can use your help on…
Right now we are starting to plan our sleeping locations. If you know of anyone along the coastline or nearby who would be willing to let us camp on there property please let us know at email@example.com Especially if you know of anyone from New Hampshire to New Jersey… We could REALLY use your help here and we are friendly and not very scary by the way.